Apex Legends is the gift that keeps on giving - literally because, well, it's free. And now there's that Valentine-themed loot thing that lovers (of the game) were waiting for.
Since its release last Monday, the Respawn battle Royal has attracted over 25 million players. With more players, though, comes more feedback; and this game hasn't seen any different, despite being loved by nearly everyone (even those who suck at it).
Respawn hasn't wasted any time in addressing fans' concerns either, with their first update having gone live for PC, PS4 and Xbox One this Wednesday.
The devs have attempted to improve stability and the general performance of the game, given that certain players have suffered lags and, in some instances, crashes.
The game's community manager, Jay Frechette, reached out to players via Reddit on Wednesday, confirming a fix for the crashes and disconnects users have experienced since the game launched. Sadly, there aren't major updates in the way of weapons or legends, so have a bit of patience. There will be things.
Until then, Respawn is focusing on having the game run smoothly and at optimum performance on all platforms before making specific gameplay changes.
On a more positive note, players who have experienced issues such as items being duplicated in their inventory or seeing all friends as offline - even if they insist they're online - has been fixed. Respawning on the supply ship has also been tweaked, while that annoying floating corpse (in some cases where players get killed on said ship) has been taken care of as well.
Below are the patch notes as detailed by Frechette:
VALENTINES DAYS - Store items will be available starting at 6pm PST on 2/13.
- Added "Live Die Live" Banner Badge: Revive a member of your squad between 2/13 and 2/19 to earn this limited time badge.
- Added Valentines Day cosmetic items to the store. They will be live and available in the store starting 2/13 until 2/19 and then they’re gone!
- “Through the Heart” Longbow Epic DMR skin
- "Love of the Game" Pathfinder banner frame
STABILITY / BUGS / PERFORMANCE / QoL
- Various improvements and tweaks to UI.
- Extended timeout that was causing players with slower hard drives to crash.
- Addressed a number of client and server stability issues.
- Fixed exploit where you could keep duplicating items in your inventory.
- Addressed a number of stability and performance issues.
- Fixed issue where players would get a gray screen in lobby when connecting for the first time.
- Fixed issue where your friends list showed all your friends as offline and unable to party.
- Shortened duration of Bloodhound’s Eye of the Allfather clones to remain in the world by 1 second.
- Arc Star now displays a grenade warning indicator.
- Addressed a number bugs with map geo like holes you could fall through and areas that players could get stuck in plus a bunch of other polish issues.
PLAYSTATION PLUS PLAY PACK
- Art updated for the Playstation Plus Play Pack to the Flatline skin and Banner Card and changed the names to Deep Blue. This will affect all players that already have been rewarded the skins as well.
Made some @playapex Valentines Day cards for the special Legends in your life. If you want to print them you can grab the full version over on my Twitter @noaheisenman ❤️ @respawnent #apexlegends #apex #valentinesday #hiremeRespawn pic.twitter.com/kPHF9vIlcd— Noah Eisenman (@noaheisenman) February 13, 2019
"We still have a lot of work to do and we hear those frustrated by disconnects and crashes and are working to improve stability and performance as well as provide more visibility for everyone," he added.
Respawn stole hearts well in advance of Valentine's Day and they don't intend to return a single one. They seem keen on continuing to make Apex Legends better for everyone and have gotten off to quite the impressive start.