Patch 2.6.7 is now live, and Blizzard has revealed details around the upcoming Diablo 3 Season 19. This will be the Season of Eternal Conflict, which will focus on killstreaks to provide an ever-increasing buff to fight against the forces of hell. Blizzard is also making good on its commitment to roll out new class sets, beginning this season with the Crusader and Monk.
The effect for this season, known as Pandemonium, will provide a stacking buff that will remain if you hit or kill a monster within the last 5 seconds. Each of these stacks provides 0.005 to movement speed and 0.001 bonus damage. Each will cap at a total of 50% movement speed and 100% damage, which would require 1000 stacks.
As players build these stacks, certain milestones will release addition effects to help in the fight. These consist of:
- 15 Kills: Exploding Chickens seek and destroy
- 30 Kills: A wide Frost Nova freezes enemies
- 50 Kills: Corpses rain from the sky
- 100 Kills: Five massive energy twisters are unleashed
- 150 Kills: Dark Geysers form beneath enemies
- 200 Kills: Treasure chests fall from the sky
- 300 Kills: A ring of fire engulfs everything
- 400 Kills: Meteors hail from above
- 500 Kills: Angels descend upon the battlefield to fight for your cause
- 1000 Kills: ???
Although Blizzard is playing coy on the 1000 bonus, players have already discovered its secret, with a large flaming pentagram taking up the screen and dealing damage to enemies caught within.
New Class Sets For The Crusader And Monk
A while ago Blizzard stated that it would be gradually rolling out new class sets, and while it is exciting to see more added to the game, at this rate if they add two per season, players may not see their favorite class receive anything new for another five to six months. Still, these two sets should provide some variety when it comes to high-end Greater Rift pushes in two, three, and four person teams.
New Crusader Set: Aegis of Valor
- 2-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Fist of the Heavens empowers you, allowing Heaven's Fury to deal 100% increased damage for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 3 times (multiplicative).
- 4-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Fist of the Heavens generates 5 Wrath and reduces damage taken by 1% for 5 seconds. Stacks up to 50 times
- 6-Piece Bonus: Increase the damage of Fist of the Heavens and Heaven's Fury by 20,000%
New Monk Set: Patterns of Justice
- 2-Piece Bonus: Sweeping Wind gains the effect of every rune and movement speed is increased by 5% for each stack of Sweeping Wind.
- 4-Piece Bonus: Attacking with Tempest Rush reduces your damage taken by 50% and increases Spirit Regeneration by 50.
- 6-Piece Bonus: Hitting with Tempest Rush while Sweeping Wind is active will temporarily increase the size of Sweeping Wind after hitting over 30 times within a short period. Sweeping Wind damage is increased by 15,000%
Barbarian and Wizard Changes
Barbarian players have likely already heard about the incoming changes made to several pieces used in popular builds. Blizzard addressed this specifically in the patch notes, seeking to calm players who felt the changes were extreme.
In addition, Wizard players should take note that Bazooka Wizard has been reined in through the fixing of an issue that allowed item bonuses to persist between changing forms to and from Archon.
Season 19 begins on November 22. As always, be sure to save the weekly challenge rift for the start of the season to benefit from the rewards for a quick start into the seasonal journey. Best of luck in this, the Season of Eternal Conflict.