The festival made headlines for absolutely bombing, and leaving just about everyone upset that they had parted with their money for what was an unmitigated disaster, to say the least.
Ticket prices were shockingly high, the attractions were very poor, and people who did actually pay found that they had to wait in long lines in the cold.
Refunds were issued to some of the disappointed patrons, but the event's Facebook page has since vanished.
Apparently, Fortnite had no part in the festival and there was very little there actually related to the game. Also, nothing was officially licensed, although the organizers used Fornite's name, logo, and characters.
Epic Games has decided to take the organizers to task. In a statement to Eurogamer on Tuesday, the studio confirmed issuing the claim.
"The quality of our player experience is incredibly important to us, whether it's inside the game or at official public events like last year's Fortnite Pro-Am," a spokesperson for Epic said.
"Epic Games was not in any way associated with the event that took place in Norwich and we've issued a claim against the organizers in the High Court of London."
The organizers, Exciting Events, had promised to bring the show back to Norwich next year as there were plans to make it an annual event, despite the poor reception. But that's set to be very difficult in light of recent developments.
"This is for the kids who love the game of Fortnite," Shaun Lord, one of the organizers told the Eastern Daily Press on Sunday.
"I would love it to be an annual thing. Those people who didn't get value for money on activities, we have got to make that better next year. It is highlighted to us now that we didn't have enough of that."
Just drop it, Shaun. The sham is over.