Update: Week 2 of the event has arrived! The Calamities have been altered due to a recent datamine, so check below for changes made to those.
Hot on the heels of our Brilliant Event in Harry Potter: Wizards Unite event, we are already getting into the next one with the "Potter’s Calamity Brilliant Event"! This is a special two-part event taking place from now until July 23, and then from July 30 to August 6, giving players a bit of a break before heading back out to search.
Completing the event will earn players Gold, a new Ministry Portrait Lens, and most important of all, up to 15 additional Restricted Section Books to unlock the strongest parts of your profession tree. There will also be other, smaller rewards throughout, much like the first Brilliant Event. Both will have distinct requirements and registry pages and do not cross over, so be sure to snag everything you can for each week.
Potter's Calamity - Week One
Below are the tasks to complete for week one, as well as a graphic of the registry.
Potter's Calamity - Week Two
And here are the tasks to complete for week two. As mentioned previously, changes have been made to Calamities 1, 2, and 4.
Potter's Calamity 1
- Pick Up 5 Ingredients or Portmanteaus - 10 Brilliant Family XP
- Dine at Inns 2 times - 10 Brilliant Family XP
- Return 5 Medium-Threat Foundables - 15 Brilliant Family XP
Rewards: 500 XP, 20 Brilliant Family XP, 2 Restricted Section Books, Red Sock Red with Brooms Sticker
Potter's Calamity 2
- Return 2 Brilliant Golden Snitch Fragments - 300 XP
- Unlock 4 Portkey Portmantea - 2 Restricted Section Books
- Perform 10 Great Spell Casts - 5 Brilliant Family XP
Rewards: 2 Potent Exstimulo Potions, 2 Restricted Section Books, 1 DMLE Badge Fragment, Ornate Harry Frame
Potter's Calamity 3
- Return 4 High Threat Foundables - 500 XP
- Return 3 Brilliant Golden Snitch Fragments - 500 XP
- Return 4 Dark Arts Family Foundables - 15 Brilliant Family XP
Rewards: 25 Brilliant Family XP, 2 Restricted Section Books, 1 London Five Photograph Fragment, Stag Patronus Sticker
Potter's Calamity 4
- Brew 8 Potions - 750 XP
- Use 8 Potions - 10 Brilliant Family XP
- Defeat 3 Common Dark Wizards - 15 Brilliant Family XP
Rewards: 7 Restricted Section Books, 1 Framed Family Photo (Ginny, Albus, James, Lily) Fragment, 50 Gold, Taped Glasses Lens
As for where to locate all the Brilliant Foundables:
- Quidditch Captain Harry can be found while roaming the map for random brilliant spawns.
- Hedwig also can be found as part of the random brilliant spawn on the map
- The Triwizard Cup Uniform is not found in the wild but is rewarded for completed the final set of tasks in the Brilliant Event, so do both grinding out map spawns in hopes of finding it there.
- Mismatched Socks work in the same way, and are rewarded for completing the third of four tasks for the event.
- The School Trunk is unlocked through the use of a 7km Portkey
- The Weasley Jumper is awarded by using a Brilliant Runestone 1 in a Wizarding challenge.
It becomes clear that this Brilliant event is much like the first, so players need only continue playing as they did during that time.
The second week’s Brilliant Foundables are found as follows:
- The Golden Snitch is the only one found in the wild in Brilliant Spawns this time around.
- Framed Family Photo is awarded by completing all of the Brilliant Event tasks.
- DMLE Badge is awarded after completing the second of the four set of tasks.
- London Five Photograph is awarded for completing the third of four sets of tasks.
- Harry’s Ministry ID Card is unlocked from another 7km Portkey.
- The Hogwarts Heroes Daily Prophet is unlocked by using a Brilliant Runestone in a Fortress Challenge.
Important Notes about the Event
There a few points to be aware of, especially since the end of the last event caused some confusion among players:
- Brilliant Event pages will not be prestige-able.
- Players can earn up to 30 of the valuable Restricted Section books between the two weeks.
- At the end of the event, any previous Brilliant Event tasks disappear, and their corresponding rewards left incomplete and unobtainable. Therefore one needs to try and wrap up everything for each event during the week, as there appears to be no way to get back to it later.
- Tasks disappear, but Portkeys remain and this can be problematic - Before the event begins, 7km Portkeys are often bugged, and you can lose everything, so do not attempt it. During the event, the Portkeys no longer take you to the Forbidden Forest, but to the corresponding event location. After the event, the use of a Portkey is unclear in its effects but is not recommended.
How to get a Masterful Spell Cast?
One of the requirements for this event will be performing 10 Masterful casts. Patience, practice, speed, and a bit of luck will be needed for this. Many players report that the use of their screen protectors tends to slow down their cast, and sometimes even causes the entire spell to fail as though you have not traced properly. Some players report that it is far easier to cast spells quick and accurately without a plastic screen protector, though then one leaves their screen vulnerable to damage.
Best use of Restricted Section Books
As mentioned above, each week of this event offers up to 15 Restricted Section Books, for 30 total. This is tremendous for advancing your Professions. For more info on how to spend these books, check the guide at the bottom of our post on the Forbidden Forest Brilliant Event.
As for where to spend those hard-earned scrolls and books, check out each of the following profession guides from redditors:
Wizards Unite Patch 2.1.0
Apart from the new Brilliant Event, the developers also released a new update in patch 2.1.0 which should be live now for all players, or in the near future as app stores update.
In the update, Wizarding Challenges will now add a message before a Challenge begins to inform you if you are low on Spell Energy. Likewise, Spell Energy can be seen when you enter a Fortress and select a Chamber.
There has also been a change to XP rewards, which have been lowered for Fortress Chambers 1-8 and increased from 11 onwards. This was because the relatively high XP rewards for low levels allowed players to farm them over and over at a low resource cost and gain a disproportionate amount of XP than was intended.
A player's code name can now be changed in the Settings menu but can only be done once. New additions have been made to the Registry including Neville Longbottom, Omniculars, Exploding Snap House of Cards, Blast-Ended Skrewt, and Professor Flitwick. The Map will now also show Spell Energy, and Exstimulo Potions are now more effective in combat
With all these changes, players are primed to get out there and take full advantage of this new two-part event!