One of the most popular methods of streaming that is gaining traction online is IRL (In Real Life) broadcasting. Lightstream, an innovator in cloud-native live streaming technology, has today announced a plan that could be of great benefit for broadcasters who stream events from their phones or mobile live stream setups.
As the technical demands for streaming in real life outside of a dedicated workstation can be demanding, Lightstream’s new IRL plan looks to provide capabilities that streamline both the setup time and necessary gear to create a professional stream from virtually any location, device, or connection.
Stu Grubbs, CEO of Lightstream, states that “Part of our mission at Lightstream has been to empower new creative possibilities and our new IRL streaming plan does just that.” This means that the plan will feature everything a streamer needs from beginning to end, “Lightstream Studio is powered by our cloud-native live video editing pipeline allowing creators to set up their production in advance, remotely control it, and have their streaming video automatically produced.”
Lightstream will allow users to create their projects via any browser-enabled device with their overlays, RTMP source, and final channel destination. Regardless of broadcasting location, Lightstream will automatically layer on the media on its way to a channel, which includes Twitch, Mixer, YouTube, Facebook Live, or another custom destination.
The new IRL Plan will have the following features:
- Customize with Overlays & Alerts: Streamers can create multiple custom layouts, upload and position overlays, and use any integrated alerts service they prefer to easily personalize their mobile or IRL broadcast to better engage their audience.
- Auto Go Live: Projects can be set to automatically start streaming to the broadcaster’s channel as soon as an incoming feed is detected.
- Auto BRB: If connection is lost, the RTMP layer will go transparent until connection is re-established. Position an image directly behind your feed that will automatically appear to keep viewers updated.
- Disconnect Protection: Lightstream Cloud will continue broadcasting and keeps the broadcaster’s channel live until signal is regained so the audience doesn’t leave.
- Remote Control: Start, stop, and switch scenes on any mobile device.
- Stay Mobile with Headless Mode: Go live without having Lightstream Studio open. Lightstream will automatically composite on your layers in the cloud.
- Max Quality & Duration Increase: Stream at 720p 60 fps for up to 12 hours per broadcast.
Streamers looking to up their IRL game can click here to read more about the IRL Plan.