Camping in Pokémon Sword and Shield is an altogether new mechanic introducing new mini-games that include playing with Pokémon and cooking. Cooking, in particular, offers an alternative to burning through potions or flying back and forth to Pokéstops to rest up the team. Online players can even see other trainer's tents and share meals– handy when running low on ingredients. Below is a compilation of everything needed to make the perfect Curry.
Curry Crash Course
Curry can take on any one of five tastes. These are Dry, Bitter, Spicy, Sweet, and Sour. What flavor is brought out of the dish, depends on the berries that went into it, as they each have their own taste profile as well. Generally, it can be expected that the various berries will emit these corresponding flavors.
Dry: Chestro, Chilan, Kebia, Leppa, Passho
Bitter: Aguav, Coba, Rawst
Spicy: Cheri, Tamato, Tanga
Sweet: Pecha, Salac
Sour: Aspear, Colbur, Iapapa, Salac, Wiki
Neutral: Hondew, Lum, Sitrus
Key Ingredients determine what kind of Curry is made, but no need to go overboard, only one Key Ingredient is needed per dish. Using only one will actually guarantee that type of Curry is produced. Depending on the combination of berries, every Curry can adopt each flavor listed above. The Key Ingredients and corresponding types of Curry are as follows.
Apple Curry - Fancy Apple
Bean Medley Curry - Tin of Beans
Boiled Egg Curry - Boiled Egg
Bone Curry - Brittle Bones
Burger-Steak Curry - Precooked Burger
Cheese-Covered Curry - Moomoo Cheese
Coconut Curry - Coconut Milk
Decorative Curry - Packaged Curry
Fried-Food Curry - Fried Food
Herb Medley Curry - Pungent Root
Instant Noodle Curry - Instant Noodles
Juicy Curry - Bob's Food Tin
Leek Curry - Large Leek
Mushroom Medley Curry - Mixed Mushrooms
Pasta Curry - Pasta
Plenty-of-Potato Curry - Pack of Potatoes
Rich Curry - Bach's Food Tin
Salad Curry - Salad Mix
Sausage Curry - Sausage
Seasoned Curry - Spice Mix
Smoked-Tail Curry - Smoked-poke Tail
Toast Curry - Bread
Tropical Curry - Fruit Bunch
Whipped-Cream Curry - Fresh Cream
Adding no Key Ingredients makes a basic Curry.
- Collect berries by picking items up off the ground, battling Dynamax Dens, and shaking berry trees. Be careful not to shake too much or a Pokémon will drop from the branches and while engrossed in battle, other wild Pokémon will make off with a portion of the fallen berries.
- When selecting berries for a Curry, read the descriptions. The information provided hints at the flavor profiles it can produce.
- The Ingredients Seller in the Wild Area outside Hammerlocke sells Key Ingredients and the selection switches up daily.
- Cooking animations give indications as to whether the player is stirring properly. Black smoke indicates to speed up while contents splashing out of the pot means to slow down. A shimmering effect signifies the contents are being stirred at the optimal pace.
- Check the Curry Dex progress with the Camping King to rank up and earn rewards for filling it out. The Camping King is stationed in the Wild Area outside of Motostoke.
This guide has provided the necessities for utilizing Pokémon's new cooking feature to the fullest. Now go forth and cook up some scrumptious campsite curry!