www.thegamer.com

Twitter User Gets Call From Nintendo's Lawyers After Leaking Multiple E3 Announcements

Popular serial leakers of all things E3 have found themselves shut down, at least where Nintendo reveals are concerned, following several legitimate premature revelations.

The Twitter account, which goes by the name "Sabi" was on quite the roll, posting the deets of each E3 press conference prior to it happening. Microsoft and Bethesda were among the first victims of these leaks, so to speak, with the particulars of Doom Eternal's multiplayer and Project Scarlett being revealed beforehand, and correctly at that.

Nintendo Direct's Tuesday conference, though, will not be affected by Sabi as the user/users of the account have agreed to keep mum on Nintendo's upcoming reveals.

“It’s sounding like I, and a few others, may just learn about everything in the E3 Nintendo Direct a day beforehand,” Sabi tweeted last month.

RELATED: Sadly, That Rumor About Miyamoto Showing Up At The Microsoft Conference Wasn't True

Following replies from inquisitive Nintendo fans who wanted to know right away, Sabi wrote: “Cool it, cool it guys. Remember, I didn’t say all the Nintendo info would be tonight for sure, just that it’ll happen by Monday night at the latest, likely before then. However, there’s a lot of Non-Nintendo stuff comin verrryyyy soon.”

On Sunday, however, Sabi was stopped dead in their tracks after getting a call from a member of Nintendo's legal team.

“I got a call from a cell phone number, and it was really muffled,” they told Kotaku via Discord. “Some old guy saying Nintendo is aware of my activities, and that if I continue with my threats they would pursue legal actions.”

The call was followed up by an email, which was posted on Twitter for a few before being taken down. The email was sent to Kotaku and could be read below.

“As discussed, Nintendo is aware of your online activities, including on Twitter and Discord, relating to the disclosure of confidential information regarding Nintendo’s games. Also, it is aware of your plans for further disclose such information in advance of E3. Nintendo considers your activities to be a misappropriation of its trade secrets. If you continue to disclose such information, or follow through on your plans regarding E3 information, Nintendo will look at all of its legal options, including commencing legal proceedings against you.”

Sabi says they're shocked that it was Nintendo who contacted them as they've only leaked very few of the company's plans. It was also surprising how the lawyer managed to track them down as they aren't citizens of the country they live in and the call came through on a fixed line with no connection to them. In any case, they won't be leaking Nintendo's plans ahead of the company's conference this week.

The biggest worry, though, is that someone has obtained information on all of E3's press conferences and the means is still unknown. Sabi had correctly leaked that Keanu Reeves would feature in Cyberpunk 2077 before CD Project Red's reveal on the weekend.

Asked how they got their information, Sabi says that they speak to one source secondhand and they don't know how the information is actually being gathered.

Despite Nintendo's gag, Sabi is certain that the leaks will find their way out through somewhere else.

READ NEXT: There's Xbox Clothing To Go With Your Xbox Cologne - Wear Your Gamertag With Pride

Play Sea Of Thieves During Gamescom And You Can Get A Halo-Themed Pirate Ship

More in Game News